Forums

Visual Cobra Express download package now available

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Re: Visual Cobra Express download package now available

Postby torial » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I'll delete this post in a day or so:

https://dl.dropbox.com/..................
Last edited by torial on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
torial

Postby nerdzero » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am

Got it. Will check it out over the next few days. Thanks.
nerdzero

Postby RogerL » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:08 am

Hi,
Exploring Cobra and getting excited about it - but having trouble setting up IDE or Editor. For my sins I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried to set up Notepad++ - syntax highlighting worked but was a bit simplistic and Function Lookup didn't work at all. The add-in program for Monodevelop just produced obscure messages about where it had to be run (a non-existent folder). Visual Cobra Express looked promising - so I downloaded the 'Big' file - installed the VS shell Ok (had already installed Cobra and tested it OK at the command prompt) and then went to the Visual Cobra Express Folder and clicked on 'Visual Cobra Express.exe - splash screen came up and then the IDE - great I thought! Loaded the example.cobra program - no syntax highlighting and no Cobra menu item.
I must be doing something simple wrong! So close! Any advice/help much appreciated!
RogerL
RogerL

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I apologize that your post got stuck in a moderation queue for so long. A few of them did due to a UX issue regarding the forums moderation queue.
Charles

Postby nerdzero » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 pm

RogerL wrote:The add-in program for Monodevelop just produced obscure messages about where it had to be run (a non-existent folder).

If it said "You must run this program from the addin solution folder" that means you have to "cd" into where you downloaded the addin source code and then run "cobra install.cobra"

For example if you downloaded it to "C:\Downloads\addin" then do this at a command prompt:

Code: Select all
C:
cd Downloads\addin
cobra install.cobra

If you are still having problems, you can start a separate thread or PM me and I will help you out.
Last edited by nerdzero on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
nerdzero

Postby matstraw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Roger,

Sorry to hear about your problems getting Visual Cobra Express to work. What you are seeing was indeed a problem in the past, but I thought it was sorted out for this latest release. (Essentially both the syntax highlighting and the Cobra menu are implemented as VS extensions, which either aren't installed or aren't loading for some reason.)

I'd love to help you get to the bottom of this. Please contact me offline (e.g. via my first name at swref.com) and I'll try to help you get set up.

Best regards,
Matthew
matstraw

Previous

Return to Discussion