Forums

Please test Cobra 0.9.2

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Please test Cobra 0.9.2

Postby Charles » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 am

Cobra 0.9.2 has been released. There is a package for Unix-family (Mac, Linux, etc) and one for Windows.

Please report both success and failures on this thread.

Also, you'll notice that these are source-based releases that make use of the "install-from-workspace" script. I consider myself on the hook for core compiler work, patch applications, forum support and source releases. But regarding packaging such as a Windows installer, a Debian package, a Mac installer, etc. that will have to come from the community.

Thanks to everyone who contributed through patches, bug reports, help with the web site, satellite projects like MonoDevelop, etc. Credits are on the release notes wiki page (urls are below).

Don't forget I need testing feedback, whether good or bad. Please include the output of "cobra -version" like so:
Code: Select all
$ cobra -version
Cobra 0.9.2 on Mono 2.10.9 CLR v4.0.30319 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

> cobra -version
Cobra 0.9.2 on .NET CLR v4.0.30319 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

It's about 1AM here. I'll announce on external sites after I get up so that I'm around for questions, server problems and support.

http://cobra-language.com/downloads/

http://cobra-language.com/trac/cobra/wi ... otes_0.9.2
Charles

Re: Please test Cobra 0.9.2

Postby kobi7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am

I get a cobra internal error mentioning index out of range.
how can I report this better, and find the source of the problem?
currently it's reproducible.
note: this happened in the previous svn versions too.

I am using monodevelop, and it shows in the error bar.
Error: error: COBRA INTERNAL ERROR / IndexOutOfRangeException / Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Falun Dafa is Good.
Truth, Compassion, Forbearance is Good.
kobi7

Postby Charles » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 am

@kobi7, I can't tell if you mean while running the installer or some other program. I presume some other program since you say you're running monodevelop.

Give us the steps to reproduce. Include the versions of your op sys, monodev, etc. Include code where appropriate.

Thanks.
Charles

Postby kobi7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am

Hi Charles, it's not wrt installation.
I'll try to narrow it down. probably one of the exotic use cases I am experiencing ;-)

cheers, kobi
Falun Dafa is Good.
Truth, Compassion, Forbearance is Good.
kobi7

Return to Discussion