Forums

Bug Reports and Wiki Whacking

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Bug Reports and Wiki Whacking

Postby hopscc » Thu May 08, 2008 1:27 am

WIth trac and the new wiki and ticket setup now how do you want bugs to be handled ?
Should we continue to mention them on the discussion forum or open tickets or ...

Ditto ticket handling -- if we see or want to work on a bug should we change its ownership to ourselves, then provide a patch
or should we volunteer to work on it (somehow) or just work a change and attach a patch and description or ....

I did a quick skim pass through the discussions and added tickets for anything that had been discussed and mentioned as a bug or possible feature add
- theres probably some more I missed.

I've also added some more doc type stuff to the wiki pages (still unfinished) - they could probably benefit from a review/correction (additions??)
hopscc

Re: Bug Reports and Wiki Whacking

Postby Charles » Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 am

If the bug is clear, feel free to add a ticket directly. Feel free to discuss the issue here if you're not sure if it's a bug, or for whatever other reason. Ultimately, there should be a ticket, but it's never incorrect to start with a discussion if you want.

Re: ticket handling, please assign a ticket to yourself if you're going to start work on it so others will know.

Also note that I recently added http://cobra-language.com/trac/cobra/wiki/HowToSubmitAPatch.

Thanks for bringing up these questions and adding the tickets.

Thanks also for the docs. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

-Chuck
Charles

Re: Bug Reports and Wiki Whacking

Postby Charles » Thu May 08, 2008 3:07 am

I think Trac was automatically assigning the tickets to me because I was the "Owner" of the Trac component "Cobra Compiler". I've removed that as I intend on explicitly assigning items to myself only if I've adopted them.
Charles

Return to Discussion