Forums

Cobra-enabled text editor

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Cobra-enabled text editor

Postby gogobyte » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:17 am

This is the text editor Scite, now Cobra-enabled. Windows version. Not yet perfected about Cobra grammar rules, but works. Has syntax highlighting, code folding, Cobra compiler running.

http://www.gradvarna.com/scite-cobra.zip
gogobyte

Re: Cobra-enabled text editor

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Thanks, I've added a link to our SciTE wiki page.

And I've downloaded it and am giving it a try.

Also see EditorSupport
Charles

Postby relez » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm

At a first glance it seems a good job
Thk you!
relez

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Some feedback:

-- When I choose "File | Open...", the dialog is set to open "All source files", but as I browse the file system, this does not include *.cobra files. I had to choose "All files" to see them.

-- The editor will highlight the name "foo" in:
def foo as int
but not:
get foo as int

-- If I turn off the indentation guidelines, it only affects the current file. And if I switch files and come back to that file (not even closing it), the indentation guidelines come back. (Probably a SciTE problem independent of your mods.)

-- Is there a way to get SciTE to "autorevert" when a file on disk is changed and I come back to the SciTE editor? Even worse is that if I edit and save the stale file, there is no warning!

-- It would be nice if SciTE had an "Open recent session" menu on the File menu. Again, that probably has nothing to do with your mod.
Charles

Postby gogobyte » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:47 am

Chuck,
Regarding your first and second items I've made some little changes: http://www.gradvarna.com/scite-cobra.zip

I've sent your last three items to Scite interest group. Also, there will be new Scite release very soon.
gogobyte

Return to Discussion