Forums

Can i get an exe file to install Cobra ?

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Can i get an exe file to install Cobra ?

Postby kcvinu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 am

Hi,
I have heard about Cobra and want to try it. But i can't find an exe file to install this language. I found a readme text file and i did what it said. But it then says to "How do you want to open this type of files(.cobra)". My windows has nothing to do with .cobra files. I am fed up with it. I can easily install python because it comes with an exe file. This command line stuff is UNIX method and i hate it because it is 2016. We all have icons in computer and we want to double click it and watch it running. Typing in command line is kinda old stuff in 70s.
kcvinu

Re: Can i get an exe file to install Cobra ?

Postby Charles » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:50 am

We do not have an EXE or MSI installer. As you discovered, it's a command line installer.

Btw I happen to love the command line. :)
Charles

Postby torial » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 am

If you are still interested in an EXE, I created a very simple one that essentially has the latest SVN (3119) built.

It is a self-extracting zip file, and if you select to install at c:\, then copy the c:\Cobra\cobra.bat to your C:\Windows\System32 folder, you will have an installed Cobra.

http://cobra.on-track-solutions.com/2016/12/28/cobra_svn/
torial

Postby Wythers » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:35 am

torial wrote:If you are still interested in an EXE, I created a very simple one that essentially has the latest SVN (3119) built.

It is a self-extracting zip file, and if you select to install at c:\, then copy the c:\Cobra\cobra.bat to your C:\Windows\System32 folder, you will have an installed Cobra.
gold

Works great, thanks very much.
Last edited by Wythers on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wythers

Postby torial » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Good to hear :D
torial

Postby ThomasDepue » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 am

torial wrote:If you are still interested in an EXE, I created a very simple one that essentially has the latest SVN (3119) built.
It is a self-extracting zip file, and phenq where to buy if you select to install at c:\, then copy the c:\Cobra\cobra.bat to your C:\Windows\System32 folder, you will have an installed Cobra.

I have been using Cobra (command line) for the last so many years. How is the EXE different. I mean, does it provide GUI for Cobra? Asking before trying because my AV is acting starnge with the EXE.
Last edited by ThomasDepue on Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasDepue

Postby torial » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:06 pm

All it provided was a GUI installer.. everything is still command line. So if you've got Cobra working already there is no value for you.
torial

Postby Breckene » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:22 am

ThomasDepue wrote:

I have been using Cobra (command line) for the last so many years. How is the EXE different. I mean, does it provide GUI for Cobra? Asking before trying because my AV is acting starnge with the EXE.

hey which Cobra (command line) are you using?
Breckene

Postby Alexi » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:16 am

Hi Works great, thanks very much.:)
Alexi

Return to Discussion