Forums

Help Wanted

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Help Wanted

Postby Charles » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:00 am

Cobra is an open source project under the MIT license. It runs on a variety of systems including Mac, Windows, Linux and Solaris. And it could use your help.

Below I've highlighted some specific things that would help the Cobra project. Please skim through the list and see if there is anything that catches your fancy. I've place emphasis on items that can be worked on independently and therefore in parallel to the compiler.

Feel free to discuss these here in the forums, but I recommend starting a fresh topic post to help separate out the conversations. Here we go:

-- Provide editor support for your favorite editor. See EditorSupport in the wiki for the current state of support

-- Create a SharpDevelop (aka #develop) plugin.

-- Create a Visual Studio plugin. See VSX Dev Center and good luck!

-- Create an .msi installer for Cobra for the next release. ticket:19

-- Benchmarks between IronPython (and also IronRuby) and Cobra would be interesting. How big is the gap? Are there places we could improve upon even further?

-- Some further Samples or How Tos that would be interesting:
Cobra DirectX 3D mini example
Cobra OpenGL mini example
Regex How To
WPF Sample or How To

But if you create a Sample or How To, please try to use a clean, consistent coding style as seen in the existing ones.

-- And of course, hammer on Cobra and report your problems here so they can be fixed and we can get to 1.0.

-- Any Trac ticket not assigned to someone is open to the public for implementation. See also: HowToSubmitAPatch

-- Participate. Join the forums and the discussion. Use your forums handle to login to Trac so you can edit the wiki, work on tickets, etc.

-- If you think of anything else, feel free to discuss here.
Charles

Re: Help Wanted

Postby Charles » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:00 pm

-- Integrate Cobra with Microsoft ASP.NET and/or Novell Mono xsp2.
Charles

Return to Discussion