Forums

Informal Releases

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Re: Informal Releases

Postby jonathandavid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:06 am

jonathandavid wrote:I don't have MS VSC++/C# 2008 installed. I will install them tomorrow to see if that's causing the problem.

UPDATE: It works fine in my home PC even after installing VS C++/C# express 2008, so that's probably not what's causing the problem. Apart from that I seem to have the same software installed in both PCs, so no idea what might be causing that GAC problem in my office PC.
jonathandavid

Postby Charles » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:31 am

Yeah but I still need to know if that error happens when you compile the installer as opposed to running it. This information will affect how I proceed.

Or if you're not interested in seeing the installer made robust against this situation, we can forget it, because I'll need you to do further testing after I make changes.
Charles

Postby jonathandavid » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:09 am

Chuck wrote:Yeah but I still need to know if that error happens when you compile the installer as opposed to running it. This information will affect how I proceed.

I think you missedmy previous post
jonathandavid

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:50 pm

You're right -- I did miss that.

So this will be tricky. We'll have to push out the gac install code to a separate file. Detect if it won't compile. And then use the old version of the gacutil.exe location code.

Note that I don't think a pre-compiled .exe is going to work for us because I expect the problem with the module being missing to plague such an .exe as well.

I suppose we could also let this lie until we see how common it is.
Charles

Previous

Return to Discussion