Forums

Editor

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Re: Editor

Postby torial » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Charles wrote:
-- I haven't done this before, so there's no guarantee it will work in practice. I would certainly like to try it though.

-- An editor/IDE could do this even without Cobra's support since it has control over the display.

I'll take a look at providing an option for this in Naja -- but can't promise when I'll get to it... the last 3 months have been very hectic w/ life and work.
torial

Postby Zmeeed » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:55 am

Perhaps I have now throwing rotten eggs, but still ask: why one more IDE? Far better would be to improve the plug-ins for Visual Studio and SharpDevelop. Programmer's editors are also present in the range. But there are a variety of programs to create programs that are very rare. They, like IDE, far removed from the editors, but in the opposite direction. It's pretty hard to explain, it's easier to show once - http://www.sourceinsight.com

I know some people who dosn't use IDE at all, but file manager FAR with the relevant plug-ins. - http://www.codeforces.ru/blog/entry/532 - The result is something vaguely similar, but it's free. So I try to create a FAR plugin for coloring Cobra syntax. I'm wondering whether I can write it on Cobra.

All this is just my humble opinion. I find criticism is useful. May be I wrong. Nevertheless, I will use Naja and I will try to help you.
It is easy to go from the house of reality to the forest of mathematics, but only few know how to go back. Hugo Steinhaus.
Zmeeed

Postby Charles » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 am

There is a "Visual Cobra" add-on for Visual Studio, though no one has worked on it in months:

http://cobra-language.com/trac/cobra/wiki/VisualStudio

Outside of Visual Studio, I would love to see a MonoDevelop add-on because it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Any contributions in the IDE support area are always appreciated.
Charles

Postby BrendanSimon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I'd like a great Cobra plugin for Eclipse :)
BrendanSimon

Postby vmavra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Still no new version of Naja that works properly on Win7 64b?
vmavra

Postby torial » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 am

I've been very busy so a Naja update hasn't happened in general (although I've been looking at providing an initial round of autocomplete support in the next release), but I'd still probably not be able to resolve the issue w/o detailed information (bug reports, exception logs) since I don't have Windows 7 64-bit available (I work on Windows XP and Win2008 Server).
torial

Postby vmavra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Well, here i go:

1. ArgumentException when canceling a File Dialog for any Project action.

2.Any action from 'Compile' gets the following exception to occur at naja.cobra:460 :

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Cobra.Lang.NonNilCastException: Cast to non-nil failed.

Some other issues:

1. When no file is open, all submenus except those from 'File' should be greyed out.

2. No way to close any opened files. (at least as far as i can see)
vmavra

Postby torial » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Vlad has helped me w/ getting a 0.1.1 bug fix release for his particular issue. It can be found here: http://cobraide.codeplex.com/releases/view/86412
torial

Postby Charles » Wed May 02, 2012 2:46 am

I took Naja for a test drive tonight. Here is a bug report:

Launch Naja 0.1.1. Create a new file. Write a little code. Hit Ctrl+S. Nothing happens. I'm expecting a Save Dialog.

Also, if I choose Save from the menu by using the mouse, nothing happens.

If I choose Save As with the mouse, I get an error/crash. Strangely, I do not get a .NET style friendly stack trace, but an "Access violation reading location 0x006...".

I was on Windows 7 32-bit. This machine has .NET 4.0 and earlier and Visual Studio 2008 installed.

I appreciate the effort on Naja and thought you would want this feedback. Thanks.
Charles

Postby torial » Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 am

Is there anything showing up in the Naja.Errors.log?

Also -- please look for a file with the name "untitled" and let me know if you found it w/ the file contents you were trying to save -- this could be a side effect of a recent change.
torial

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion