Forums

MonoDevelop Cobra add-in

General discussion about Cobra. Releases and general news will also be posted here.
Feel free to ask questions or just say "Hello".

Re: MonoDevelop Cobra add-in

Postby nerdzero » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 am

Since I don't have any automated tests yet, another way to contribute is to submit bug reports if you find one in the addin: https://github.com/ramon-rocha/MonoDeve ... ing/issues
nerdzero

Postby DelphiGuy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:09 pm

Any thoughts on how to, under MD, add one or more of the normal command line arguments/flags that Cobra offers? For example, how would I implement

cobra -ert

under MD? Maybe something about Project >> Project Options >> Build >> Custom Commands >> ....?

Thanks for any help on this.
DelphiGuy

Postby DelphiGuy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 am

any thoughts? why would a program run under MD (targeting mono) perfectly in non-debug mode, but misbehave under debug mode? i ain't much of a programmer, but it seems to me that if it would misbehave under debug mode, it should also misbehave while running normally. but it doesn't.

and if the problem is in a MIDI-related assembly (FWIW, leslie sanford's win .net midi stuff from http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/6228/C-MIDI-Toolkit ) I d/l'ed from the web, isn't there a C# or cobra syntax for inserting in the code a flag to turn off debugging during calls to .net assemblies, just for this type of circumstance where you have an assembly from someone else that may otherwise run "good enough"?
Attachments
midi project ran good on mono non-debug, but crashed with debug mode.jpg
midi project ran good on mono non-debug, but crashed with debug mode.jpg (270.68 KiB) Viewed 14744 times
DelphiGuy

Postby nerdzero » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 am

DelphiGuy wrote:Any thoughts on how to, under MD, add one or more of the normal command line arguments/flags that Cobra offers? For example, how would I implement

cobra -ert

under MD? Maybe something about Project >> Project Options >> Build >> Custom Commands >> ....?

Thanks for any help on this.

This is one of the features I have shelved for now as I work on finishing autocomplete (making good progress btw).

The way I am thinking of implementing it is via a checkbox as shown in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=988 (scroll the images downwards)

It just so happens I accidentally pushed the backend to this gui yesterday: https://github.com/ramon-rocha/MonoDeve ... ameters.cs

But if you didn't want to spend all that time creating the front end and hooking everything up, you can checkout the CobraLanguageBinding.Compile method and just hard-code the option for now.
nerdzero

Postby Charles » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:17 am

I think we'll want a text box for arbitrary args regardless of the fact that we'll have many of them covered by checkboxes and radio buttons. In this way, the user always has an "escape hatch" to specify anything that isn't covered by the GUI.
Charles

Postby nerdzero » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am

Agreed. It's in the screenshot of the mockup at the bottom of the screen.
nerdzero

Previous

Return to Discussion